Episode #121 of the Countdown podcast is up.
ALTERNATE LINK (which also links to his previous podcasts)
And Happy 64th Birthday, Keith!
- (1:34) SPECIAL COMMENT: Yesterday I proposed that to crowd this corrupt Republican farce, “The Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Government” off the stage, the Democrats needed a similar investigation in the Senate. Suddenly there are far more important reasons than politics and counter-programming. The New York Times’s post-mortem on The Durham “Investigation” shows ethical corner cutting and possible criminality. And the deeper dives into the ex-FBI agent arrested Monday show the outlines of the possibility Charles McGonigal took Russian money long before 2021. What if these are just two pictures of the same conspiracy taken at different times? What if this is ALL about an effort to protect Russian Government Intelligence Agencies, and Trump? And even worse: what if The New McCarthyism of the “Weaponization” subcommittee is just the newest photo of the same cover-up? Start that investigation now, Senators.
- (16:12) EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY: Cookie, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL at iHeart Animal Rescue
- (17:37) THE WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD: Sports Owner James Dolan-Moron; Fascist Congressmen threaten an investigation of one company refusing to start paying another company for a product it currently gets for free; and George “Jew-Ish” Santos turns out to have posted offensive Hitler jokes.
- (22:54) THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: Numerology time. One birthday boy’s greatest scoop, about a guy whose birthday was the day before, that aired on 8/8/88.
- (36:28) FRIDAYS WITH THURBER: His epic story of deception and the Brooklyn Dodgers: “The Catbird Seat.” [Watch an old video of him reading the same story at YouTube: Part 1, Part 2. Read along here. Or just listen to Keith.]
Well, that’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck.