- The Kakhovka Dam on the Dnipro River is the site of major hydroelectric power plant as well as providing one of the two main road crossing points of the lower reaches of the Dnipro River.
- Ukrainian precision strikes have targeted the site since August, successfully disrupting Russian military resupply.
- On 11 November 2022 the site suffered further significant damage, almost certainly because of controlled demolitions by retreating Russian forces. This was likely done in an attempt to hinder future Ukrainian advances.
- Three spans of both the road and rail bridges on the northern end of the dam were destroyed, rendering the crossings impassable.
- However, the three spillway gates below this section of the dam remained largely intact. The current level of damage is unlikely to result in major flooding downstream.
The post British Defence Intelligence Update Ukraine – 16 November 2022 appeared first on Kyiv Post.